Our Favourite Seafood Dish: Samki Harra – now available on Uber Eats
Are you a seafood lover? Besides the burst of flavour, seafood, especially fish, brings an abundance of health benefits. It is a good source of protein, is low in cholesterol and rich in vitamins and minerals including zinc, potassium and Vitamin B. However, the main benefit of seafood comes from its Omega-3 fatty acids contents, which is an essential part of a healthy diet.
If you’re working from home and are after a nutritious meal with no compromise on taste and quality, we recommend one of our favourite specialities – samki harra.
A little bit about the dish…
Translated from Arabic, samki harra means hot/spicy fish. The dish is made of seared barramundi fillet topped with spicy tahini sauce and roasted mixed nuts. Our unique touch includes a squeeze of lemon, a hint of garlic and of course, our secret spices.
What ingredients is it made up of?
Without revealing all of our secrets, the core ingredients are:
- Barramundi fillet
- A bunch of fresh coriander (optional, for those who prefer to have it without coriander)
- 1 head of garlic cloves peeled
- 2-3 chilli peppers
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- Ground cumin and cinnamon
- 1-2 cups of tahini
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
What is the (at-home) method?
- Rub the whole barramundi fillet with a cut lemon and pat dry. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Mash the garlic with salt and chilli peppers to form a paste. Add the coriander leaves, cumin, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil to the mixture. Keep one part of the mixture for the sauce later
- Spread the paste evenly inside the fish and a little bit on top. You can also cut a few lemon slices and place them on top of the fish and all around
- Cover the fish with foil and bake for approximately 30-45 minutes
Making the sauce
- Take the garlic and chilli paste from before and heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a pan and add the paste. Do not let the garlic burn
- Grind walnuts and other nuts and set aside
- Heat the tahini in a saucepan, adding ½ a cup of lemon juice and a little bit of water to obtain a smooth sauce. Then add the garlic and cilantro paste
- Remove from heat when the sauce thickens and you are done
- Make sure to taste the sauce before pouring it over the fish!
- Top it with your favourite roasted nuts… et voila! Ready to be served.
This modern Middle Eastern favourite is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a piece of barramundi fillet, elevating the humble protein into something spectacular. Not only is it delicious but it is truly nutritious. Now that we’re offering delivery on your favourite app, including Uber Eats, and pick-up, why not place an order to bring the Zahli experience to the comfort of your own home?
Order now or call our restaurant on (02) 9318 2228